T'was the night before Christmas...
I remember this moment quite well.
It was so quiet.
The ensuing two days were complete chaos.
| Can you tell that Caden was a really good boy this year? |
Don't get me wrong. We had a great holiday! It's just that nothing excites kids like new toys, cousins and sugar overload. Amidst the spoiling, slothing, and gluttony Ryan and I reminded the children that Christmas isn't about presents and candies, but our Savior Jesus Christ. They assured me they know this to be true (in between mouthfuls of cookies with new toys in hand while chasing each other through the house). Truly though, our time together with extended family was priceless.
![]() |
| Chloe and her cousin, Brynn |
![]() |
| Caden with Uncle Al and Brady Buttons |
We even met one of Santa's elves!
Just kidding. That's Bo-man.
![]() |
| Our little angel, Ali Grace. |
![]() |
| Bode and I (Celebrations at my parents cannot exist without ridiculous hats or glasses) |
![]() |
| Three grandkids on one lap = One happy grandma |
Unlike recent past (what?) Christmas's, there was not five feet of snow on the ground. Nor was there a blizzard, and our kids did not have the stomach flu.
I'm calling it a success.







