9.06.2010

Random Updates


The Kitchen:  Remember our minor disaster? Things are coming together! My husband is amazing. He tiled the floor and installed new counter tops. Thanks to Alex and Mike for your help :)

Hello, beautiful new kitchen :)

Ryan's "Favorite Day of the Year":  Lets see, there is his birthday, Father's Day, our anniversary, Christmas, the days our children were born, Easter, Thanksgiving, that day the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition comes out ... surely one of these is his favorite day of the year. I would have guessed our anniversary. Obviously. What could possibly be more special? :) Oh, right - college football.

He spilled the beans on Saturday: "It's my favorite day of the year! College football starts, fall is here, and harvest is right around the corner." :) I have to admit, it was a great day.

Caden wore his Steelers uniform all day (complete with shoulder pads and helmet). He even wore it to sit on the couch and watch the games with his dad. 

Meatheads

They've been playing tackle football in our backyard a lot lately, too. Ryan won't let Caden just play touch - he has to try to tackle his 230 pound father. No worries, I fully intend to remind Caden of this in ten years.




Chloe's not one to miss out on the action.

P. D.'s Freaking Amazing Peach Cobbler:  I love, love, love Paula Deen. So, I made her peach cobbler Saturday and, as I mentioned, it was freaking amazing. Here's a link to the recipe.

Cynthia and Marj:  Life is always more fun when my aunts are in town. They are here to "go through my grandma's old things." While they do a little of this, they mostly shop, play with my kids, and drink too many margaritas. All of which I find fantastic - though, I am jealous of the margarita drinking. 

Sunday:  We road tripped to Ron and Deb's to visit one last time before our new baby arrives. Julie and Lauren were there, too. It's always good to catch up with Julie and see Miss Lauren with her gorgeous curls. The kids were having a great time outside, but around lunchtime Cademan came down with a fever. He hasn't been feeling the best lately, but the kid is so good all the time I didn't realize how sick he was getting. We got him home and he's been resting up. Hopefully I can report that he is all better very soon. 

No comments: