Most people have an inner child. They get excited about holidays, kid movies, or simple pleasures that remind them of childhood. Yeah, Ryan doesn't have one. He killed it and ate it because it was more practical. Afterall, excitement over a video game doesn't put food on the table.
He has never, ever put Christmas lights up outside. Honestly, I never thought he would. However, this year he surprised me. And although it is
the most boring possible display only one strand of non-blinking white lights wrapped around our front porch railing, I thought for a second that his inner child might be winning over his inner old man. But, that was a week ago and he still hasn't actually turned them on. I concluded that he only put them up because I nagged him about it.
Weird. I never really thought nagging would work. Now that it has, I intend to nag more often. Awesome.
Anyway, I told Ryan he had one more night to turn them on or he would be blogged about. If "hmmmph" counts as an acknowledgment, that's what I got. I gave him the ultimatum late last night. So, technically he has one more night. So, I guess I
flat out lied fibbed to him. What can I say? My inner child made me do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment