8.05.2011

Change of Plans

We take things one day at a time around here. Planning ahead, even into the very near future, takes a lot of time, patience, and functioning brain cells. Let's face it, I don't always have all that going for me, what with all the children conspiring against my sanity. I may not be capable of planning ahead, but I'm fairly certain the kids are plotting my demise. Not a deathly demise (is there such thing as an undeathly demise?) but a "let's just see how far we can push her until she completely loses it" kind of demise. Have you ever seen Children of the Corn? Mmmmhmmm. Me too. One too many times.

Anyway, back the the point I was trying to make about planning. We had been planning for Bode's surgery next week (it's a same-day surgery - should be no big deal). Planning on staying overnight a couple hours away. Planning on the big kids staying at their grandparents. Planning on Ryan taking a week off. Planning not to freak out because their operating on MY BABY. That's actually a lie. I was going to completely freak out. But anyway, all this planning is now obsolete. We found out yesterday that he has an ear infection which requires an antibiotic. And, they won't operate on a sicky. So, we will plan all over again to do it next month.

I'm going to try to play it cool. Anxiety? What anxiety? I'm not distraught over the change in plans. I'm good with change. I'm adaptable. I'm realistic. I can roll wit' it. After all, I only got on the computer just now to start a workout DVD and here I am eating M&M's and blogging. Now, that is a change in plans I can deal with.

No comments: