3.20.2011

Books Books Books

My dad and I share a love of reading. I dare you to find an espionage spy thriller he hasn't read and subsequently sent my way. He sent the kids Pinkalicious and a box of Caden's favorite books (Magic Treehouse) for them to enjoy. I got A Discovery of Witches by Deborah HarknessIf you like the Twilight series but feel it's a touch juvenile you will love this book. Yes, I am a sci-fi geek.

The girls love love love Pinkalicious. It's a book about a sassy little girl who eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink. Sass? Pink? Cupcakes?  Of course they love it.



There was only one thing left to do.  So, we made pink cupcakes.

This looks staged but I swear it's not!

In the course of two months Caden has transitioned from us reading Magic Treehouse to him, into him reading to us. His progress this year is amazing. In first grade they're doing spelling tests, addition/subtraction time tests, charts/graphs, telling time and counting money. 

All I remember from first grade is getting sneezed on. And Ryan would argue that I never learned to count money. 

 Happy Sunday!

No comments: