8.19.2010

Thing One & Thing Two

Yesterday was Caden's first day of first grade. According to him, recess was great so that makes for a good day at school. Forget making new friends, getting along with the teacher, finding things in the new classroom - this kid is concerned with two things only:

  • Thing 1:  Playing soccer at recess
  • Thing 2:  Do I have P.E. today?
Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So, did your teacher read you any books today?
Caden: Yeah. I scored ALL the goals for our soccer team at recess.
Me: How was the pizza at lunch?
Caden: Good. We have recess after lunch.
Me: What was your special today?
Caden: P.E. and Music. We played Red Light, Green Light in P.E.
Me:  Was your new teacher nice?
Caden: Yeah. You can only play on the new equipment at recess if your teacher is on duty. I just played soccer though.
Me: Are there any cute girls in your class?
Caden: NO! 

Conversation over. Is he his father's son, or what? 

Starting the day right :)

We can't keep enough syrup in the house for these three. They want pancakes everyday!

Handsome! What am I going to do when he actually cares if the girls are cute? 



And of course Ali and Chloe wanted to be in a picture, too :)

Caden truly had a great day. Ryan and I are happy that his teacher is experienced and that he has some buddies in his class. Next up: Ali Grace starting preschool next week! 

No comments: