12.18.2012

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here!

You know Christmas time is near when we start in with the baking! That's right. I don't make those pain in the butt cut-out cookies just any old time. 

The kids have come to expect these each year. They love to decorate the cookies. In fact, I don't think they realize other kinds of Christmas cookies exist. If they say "Christmas cookies", they are talking about these frosted sugar cookies.




Bode got in on the action this year. He was careful to only dump 9/10th's of the sprinkles onto his cookies so he would have some left to chug. 



Seriously, child?

Caden decorated cookies, too. He didn't want his picture taken though. Ugh. I said, "Caden, can I take a picture with your cookies?"

"Sure, Mom."

"Caden. I meant with you in it."

"Oh. Then, no thanks."


Boys.


Chloe was old enough to participate in the children's program at church. She did a great job singing along and being a big kid. Tear. Of course, Ali and Caden did great, too. Caden had to read some lines and sing lip-sync with the group of singing children a few times. He could give Milli Vanilli a run for their money. 


Ali's class performed some Christmas songs for the parents yesterday. It was seriously cute to say the least. Afterward, we got to decorate graham crackers with frosting and sprinkles. She made quite a few "just for me." I didn't have the heart to tell her Mommy is kinda on a diet. So, I crammed three of them down. 

Just kidding, it was four and I savored them. 



Also, George (our Elf on the Shelf) has been keeping a close eye on the kids.   

"Spider-George, Spider-George ..."




George is very mischievous this year. Much to the kids' delight, of course. And mine :) The kids' favorite hi-jinx so far was George decorating the tree with daddy's underwear. Ahhhhh, I love it. It's so fun I'm thinking of making it a year long thing. 

Stay tuned for more on George :) We've got six nights left!

No comments: