The kids love love love the sandbox. They could play in it for hours. So, what's the dilemma you ask? Beside the fact that they get extremely dirty is another issue. A big issue ... Or a little, furry, decomposing issue I guess. A dead mouse.
No big deal. For Ryan, that is. He picked it up (ungloved ... ew) and bit it's head off.
Just kidding. He threw it in the ditch.
For me though, I think sand boxes have forever lost their appeal. Ya know, what little appeal they had to begin with.
Today I overcame. The kids are having a blast. Digging, burying, and dumping. Ali calls it "the island on our backyard." Chloe, for some reason, thinks it's the perfect place to strip.
So, even though I cringed and imagined mice and snakes and goblins jumping out at me as I took the tarp off, I am glad the kids are having fun. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment