Ali has fallen in love with The Lion King. She has a dozen lions. She plays with them constantly. Sleeps with them. Bathes with them. She calls me "Lion Mom." She asks when "the King of Beasts" will be home from work. I caught her licking her arms yesterday. She was "TAKING A BATH!" Caden asked Ali what she is going to be when she grows up.
"A lion."
Obviously.
Needless to say, Ali is very into the lion thing. She's taking up acting the part. I tell her to come with me to fix her hair, and she says, "Don't you mean my MANE?"
Right. Your mane.
I help her put her socks on and she tells me to watch out for her sharp claws.
Okay!
I wake her up for school and she growls at me.
She tells me she's hungry and asks for mice, or zebra, or antelope.
Hmmm. All out of zebra. And mice, hopefully.
Anyway, Ali is having fun being a lioness and driving her brother nuts because "you can't grow up to be a lion!" And, "YOU AREN'T REALLY A LION!" Apparently, my dad remembers a time when I was a tiger. Awesome. So, this is just more evidence that Caden takes after his father and Ali takes after her mother. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment