4.25.2013

Catching Up


Let's play catch-up. Afterall, it's been a while since I have filled you in! I haven't even posted any Easter pics. Yeesh!

Easter sounds like a good place to start. We were fortunate enough to celebrate with both sides this year. The more candy the better, right?

Ali Grace

Chloe

Caden

Lauren & Chloe

Elyse & Ali

Ali, Chloe & Bryleigh

Clockwise from top: Chloe, Bode, Brady, Brynn, Ali & Bryleigh


Brynnie
Caden gave his eggs to Bo. He's is the sweetest big bro.

Bode

Ali

Bode

Bode

Bode

Chloe
I would offer more details if I could remember them :) My memory is going as I approach 30. As is my eye sight. My hairdresser found three grey hairs. And I'm probably getting arthritis. Ugh. It's all downhill from here.

*******************************************************************************

Ali and Chloe are in full throttle prep for their dance recital. They're favorite part: wearing the costumes. Ryan says we'll just buy them the costumes next year and skip the pricey lessons :)


Hawt

Goofballs


*******************************************************************************

Ali had a spring music concert at school a couple weeks ago. She was entertaining to say the least, which is par for the course when it comes to Ali Goose.


It was cute to watch her with her schoolmates. They were so sweet to each other. 

*******************************************************************************

My little girl is growing up. I found this picture on my phone. Chloe has officially starting taking selfies (at age 4).


I have to say, I am proud that there was no duckface :)

*******************************************************************************
A few weeks ago we got to see my mother-in-law's side of the family. Ryan's grandpa, Joe, has moved so they were helping to clean out his house. I posted a couple of pics on the previous Wordless Wednesday of Chloe and Bode riding on Joe's mower. The kids visited Grandma Betty, ate pizza at Grandpa Joe's, performed in the theater room & ran like wild animals throughout the entire apartment complex. All in all it was a great trip and they can't wait to go back!

*******************************************************************************

Ryan made the girls clean up their room. Ali wasn't in the mood. So, she did what her mama would do.


She got out her bag o'money and paid someone else to do it. In this case, Chloe.

*******************************************************************************


Caden starting spring soccer. And, I use the word spring lightly. So far, the team is 1-1-1. They are playing on a much bigger field this year. It makes me think we should condition him on the off days. But, I'm not sure if that's ridiculous. Former college-athlete parenting problem I suppose. Anyway, Caden has scored one goal and dished two assists!

*******************************************************************************

Like I mentioned earlier, the weather hasn't been the greatest. Caden gets "bored" so, Ryan and I have found a great way to keep him busy. 


Did you know 9 year-olds can vacuum? Empty the dishwasher? Switch the laundry? Sweep the floors? As I realized this recently, something in my world shifted. Now the grass looks greener. The sky seems bluer. My smile is wider.

This whole parenting thing is starting to make more sense :)))

*******************************************************************************

We have had some nice days. Below you can see that Chloe made something very special in her pink wagon. Her famous "chicken noodle soup".  Ten points for creativity, Chlo. I'll let Ryan do the taste test though. Hopefully Kiki has stayed out of the sand.




*******************************************************************************

Chloe's preschool class took a field trip to a nearby farm. They had a ton of animals for the kids to see: around 20 peacocks, chicks, calves, cattle, longhorns, goats, geese, ducks, turkeys, cats and goldfish. 










There was crap everywhere. Literally. I know I grew up on the Nebraska/Iowa border, but don't kid yourselves. I am no farm girl. I'm gonna have to burn those shoes.

I'm not sure about Chloe though. She fed a calf and didn't flinch when it poo-ed all over. She loved taking it all in, but she wouldn't touch a thing. Not even the chicks! :)

*******************************************************************************

I'll leave you with a pic of Ryan and Bode. Bo is really turning into quite the wild man :)




Wishing you all well!



No comments: