10.04.2012

Catching Up

Phew! Where did September go?

I haven't exactly been on top of my blogging game. What can I say? I'm a bad, bad girl. In an attempt to catch up, I'm going to squeeze everything from last month into this post. Fair warning:  We had A LOT going on!




Little Miss Chloe started ballet class. She absolutely LOVES it. New friends, music, dancing ... right up her alley.

*

Bo-man turned two on the tenth. He is all about tractors, so, of course we had a tractor themed party :)






Gotta get those pics fast, Mom!


Bode with my dad.



Ali G - always ready to party.


Chloe and Grandma Deb

Bode was thrilled to have his own special day. Ask him how old he is, and he'll hold up four fingers and say "two!" He wanted to take his time and play with each gift before opening the next one :) Ahhh ... he melts his mommy's heart. 

*

We try to make the Outdoor Expo at Ponca State Park every year. My dad comes along and the kids really enjoy it. There are a lot of outdoorsy activities and sugar. Yep, sugar. If there is a chance Mom and Dad will let them have a pop, they're all in.

Bryleigh (my neice), Ali Grace, and Chloe waiting for a ride.


Caden is thinking _______?

Love this pic of my dad and Bryleigh


Hello, Beautiful.


Oh, Ali :)




Coco and Caden didn't want to ride horses. Maybe next year :) The shooting ranges, however, are Caden's favorite.



Caden shooting the bow with Backwoods Bob.

 




Pop, smores, slushies ... I told you about the sugar!




*

Ryan harvested our corn a couple weeks ago. Our crop turned out better than expected. Why did we do alright despite the drought? I suspect we got lucky. Ryan insists he's just a great farmer. :) I don't know about that, but I do know Ryan is one busy man. He works full-time, farms, coaches Ali's soccer, coaches Caden's football, sells seed, and keeps me happy (which is hard to do YA'LL!) The man is amazing, folks. Just don't tell him I said that.

*

We spent last weekend in Omaha. I've never seen the kids so excited! We ate out, swam at the hotel, and visited Vala's Pumpkin Patch. Not your ordinary pumpkin patch, my friends. We spent 3 1//2 hours there and only saw two-thirds of it. Simply amazing. My sister, Amy, and my parents were along, as well. It was great spending time with them and seeing the kids enjoying themselves so much.



Caden, my goofball.




Ali was obsessed with this skeleton guy working on the truck!








Caden's in this "don't take my picture" stage. I promise, I'm trying to anyway.


Coco and Grandma Joan watching the pig races. Go, Britney Squeals!?!




Apple Sling Shots! Caden has good aim!



"MOO!"



Bo kept runnig off the edge and biffing it in the sand. He thought it was hilarious. He literally pooped sand for the next 24 hours.

Why ride in the stroller?





September 2012, you exceded expectations. But as all good things must come to an end, I bid you adieu!

No comments: