Apologies for a quiet week and a half. Time and inspiration are hard to come by lately! Our little Bode had surgery on Wednesday. It was same-day-but-no-less-stressful-for-me-a-thank-you. I'd have given my right arm for some anxiety meds. All the worry was for not; the surgery went well. It was a long day but Bo-man was a champ, and, of course, all the nurses wanted to take him home.
Recovery at home has been interesting. Don't get me wrong - Bode has been a trooper. It's Ryan and I who are having the trouble. I don't know how to describe caring for him after surgery. To say that keeping his sensitive surgery area clean is challenging would be an understatement. To remember and follow the "if this happens then do this" instructions is also difficult ... because there are a lot of them. And, a lot of them happened. And, I am not a nurse. And, Ryan is definitely not a nurse. And, I think we both have aged 10 years in the last four days.
Enough about us. The main thing is that Bode is showing improvement each day. We go back Tuesday to make sure everything is working as it should. My fingers are crossed. Prayers are said. I'll keep you posted!
OH ... one more tiny little thing. Eight pounds and 11 ounces of tiny to be exact. Meet Ashley and Alex's new baby, Brynn Alexis:
She better get ready because the Kock kids are coming her way as soon as Bo is healed up!

No comments:
Post a Comment