12.09.2010

Comedy of Errors

So the last couple of days have been ridiculous. Yesterday I spent most of the day looking for my cell phone and cussing Chloe unnamed child who has a knack for running off with it. Well turns out I washed the damn thing (sorry, Chloe). I couldn't get it to work, but it was really clean. I read that putting wet phones in a bag of rice for 24 hours will bring them back to life. It sounds like Pet Cemetery, but whatever, it worked and my phone hasn't displayed any homicidal tendencies.

On a totally unrelated topic, my cold turned into a sinus infection (the kids are on the mend). So, reluctantly I went into the doctor today with hopes of getting meds for the blinding pain in my head. After filling out three thousand new patient forms and 20 minutes of verbal Q&A (same questions that were on the forms mind you) the doctor came in and gave a great reference for an OTC med. Well gee doc ... thanks for wasting my time and deeming yourself useless.

My trip to the doc made me a little late picking up Caden from school. There goes my Supermom title. Damn! Anyway, I apologized to him and he said, "It's okay, I was just confused." =)

We got home and decided to make treats. Because Oreos are just so disgusting by themselves (sarcasm), we asked ourselves WWPD? (What Would Paula Do?) Obviously, she would dip them in brownie batter, throw them in a cupcake pan and bake them. I got the recipe here and they are delicious. On a related note, my post-pregnancy weight loss has plateaued.

By now my sinus pain was getting to me. So, right when Ryan got home from work I headed out to get this miracle OTC drug. Whoops ... nicked Ryan's truck. Right here is where I should rightfully blame him for not giving me adequate space to back out. But, I would never do that.

I don't know if the meds are helping, but they make me a little loopy which probably explains this post. With a little luck and perhaps more attention to detail by me, tomorrow won't be such a debacle :)

No comments: